Director of Finance
Corporate Headquarters - San Leandro, CA
Finance Manager Strategy & Planning, Finance Manager Sales-Finance, Senior Financial Analyst – Manufacturing/Operations
Full-time | Exempt
NOTE: In order to be considered for employment interested candidates MUST submit their resume electronically to https://www.gccweb.ghirardelli.com/jobs
*Please note when applying for this role online:
- Use Internet Explorer only
- Once you click the apply button, you will be redirected to a list of our positions.
- All positions are listed in alphabetical order. Please locate your position and click apply again.
- Lastly skip over the section where it says ‘Select any relevant skills you may have’ (unfortunately this section is not working with our system, and we are working to fix it)
This person and their team are responsible for providing high-quality financial reporting and assisting the CFO by making recommendations to improve systems, reporting, procedures and processes. The Director of Finance will own the annual budgeting and forecasting cycles and will assure an efficient planning process that delivers accurate and timely results. This person will work closely with Operations, Marketing and Sales (Branded, Foodservice, Retail) Team to monitor and review results and costs ensuring alignment with targets set. This person must also partner with key internal customers to constantly monitor opportunities for improvements and new business initiatives, supported by accurate, timely and meaningful reporting and analysis. The Director of Finance is the functional responsible for all Finance applications used at the company and is the primary liaison with IT.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Plan, lead, coordinate and manage the annual budgeting process and annual estimates developments. Lead financial model creation as needed.
- Plan, lead and manage the ongoing financial evaluation of the company’s market performance (product and customer view). Develop and recommend actions to achieve company financial objectives. Anticipate cost and margin changes to ensure consistent communication during all planning cycles (marketing & sales plans, operations plans and financial plans) and to proactively identify improvement opportunities.
- Measure, analyze and report on all areas of responsibility (including executive reporting and reporting to corporate parent). Establish systems, processes and procedures to ensure and maintain accurate and meaningful reporting and analysis.
- Oversee the monthly cost center analysis for operations, selling, marketing, advertising, trade promotion, consumer promotion ensure discussions are completed with the responsible management members to explain identified variances and if necessary to propose corrective actions.
- Responsible for all Operations Finance, specifically as it relates to Inventory and Cost Accounting Issues: Multi-level bill of materials, scrap, direct labor routings, overhead rates & absorption, product development, inventory, systems integrity
- Responsible for accuracy of total manufacturing cost, product cost, and inventory control, and the preparation, accumulations, consolidation and distribution of financial data to support manufacturing operations.
- Responsible for accuracy of all cost of goods & inventory related balance sheet and P&L accounts.
- Be the finance contact for all operational investment requests up to the point of management approval; perform any post completion audits as required.
- Develop, implement and monitor compliance with internal controls in the areas of inventory and cost of goods.
- Monitor customer pricing in JDE, ensuring that pricing changes comply with LICs guidelines.
- Participate in the product development and launch cycle process (including Bill of Material setups), supporting marketing and helping the business managers understand product profitability and profit drivers.
- Hire, train, lead and develop staff
- Be a member of the CFO’s leadership team
- Ensures proper training level of direct reports through assessing skills level of subordinates and following up with education.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring subordinates through regular one-on-one meetings.
- Support analysis of advertising and promotion effectiveness (trade and consumer) together with Sales & Marketing and identify improvement opportunities.
- Oversee the quarterly Gross Profit analysis.
- Develop pro forma analysis for new business development
- Identify profit issues and opportunities. Identify business process improvements.
- “Own” the following applications from a non-technical side: Cognos
- Maintain and further develop current dashboard reporting applications and tools. Lead broadening of scope into other processes / functional areas.
- Educate management on critical metrics and develop new ones.
- Partner with accounting staff to ensure accuracy and integrity of the company financials.
Specific Knowledge & Skills
- Strong ERP systems knowledge required. Experience with ERP systems implementation or major upgrade (blue printing, system setup and testing).
- Consumer Goods, Manufacturing and/or Retail experience preferred.
- Proven analytical abilities and high level of detail orientation
- Proven leadership, communications and teamwork abilities
Education & Work Experience
- Must have degree in accounting/finance. MBA preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of highly relevant experience (exposure to financial planning, budgeting, and analysis, strategic planning)
- Rare to Occasional ability to lift and carry up to 10 pounds
- Ability to travel to various locations across the country or local travel to meetings