Electrician A1, Maintenance - Grave
Corporate Headquarters - San Leandro, CA
Full-time | Non-Exempt
NOTE: In order to be considered for employment interested candidates must submit their resume electronically to https://www.gccweb.ghirardelli.com/jobs
*Please note when applying for this role online:
- Use Internet Explorer only
- Once you click the apply button, you will be redirected to a list of our positions.
- All positions are listed in alphabetical order. Please locate your position and click apply again.
- Lastly skip over the section where it says ‘Select any relevant skills you may have’ (unfortunately this section is not working with our system, and we are working to fix it)
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Direct Reports: None
Location: San Leandro
Shift: 2nd or 3rd shift
The Maintenance Electrician is an employee who performs routine, general mechanical and maintenance assignments; needs direction and supervision.
The Maintenance Electrician is responsible for the safe maintenance, service and repair of the machinery and equipment located in the Plant. That responsibility will take the form of specific duties to be performed regularly at specific times, and other duties that may be assigned from time to time. The Maintenance Electrician is responsible for recording activities and observations with regard to the condition of the machinery and equipment in the appropriate record keeper. In addition, it is the responsibility of the Maintenance Electrician to assist the Operator in the performance of his/her job when there are equipment issues.
This position, by ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures and regulatory codes and standards, is responsible for recommending, implementing and managing safety, quality and food safety on all product lines. This position will reside on 2nd or 3rd shift, however, the ideal candidate will be flexible to cover all shifts.
Scope of Responsibilities
The following list of duties is not all inclusive and is meant to serve as a guide for the scope of work to be carried out by the Maintenance Electrician
- Troubleshoot complex control systems consisting of PLCs, VFDs, servos, HMIs, instrumentation devices and communication networks.
- Diagnose source(s) of trouble in operating equipment, and perform proper repair/replacement procedures.
- Properly perform LOTO procedures in isolating and de-energizing equipment and systems that are to be worked on, identify and eliminate or report unsafe conditions in the Plant, and perform all tasks in a safety conscious manner.
- Assist Operator in the operation of equipment when problems arise.
- Upgrade skills and knowledge of Plant systems, equipment, and components as directed or required.
Specific Knowledge & Skills
- Electrical aptitude and skill set as evaluated by the Maintenance Manager
Education & Work Experience
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a Maintenance Electrician
- Must have good communication skills
- Must have the ability to collaborate effectively