Financial Analyst- Operations and Supply Chain Finance
Corporate Headquarters - San Leandro, CA
Director of Financial Planning and Analysis
Full-time | Exempt
This position is responsible for managing the organization's billing functions while also providing trade spent and deduction management support in a highly visible and challenging environment. The qualified candidate should be an innovative individual with billing experience and knowledge of accounting functions and manufacturing practices.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Drive Cost Savings initiatives in Operations and Supply Chain
- Own with Operations and Supply Chain team creating and implementing changes within the organization and tracking the success of a process change.
- Support Operations with analytics on day to day data driven business decisions
- Budgeting – Coordinate the Annual Budget for Direct Materials, Labor, Overhead, Warehousing and Transportation
- Develop accurate product costing for existing and new products
- Create bottoms up budget for Distribution
- Have balanced approach to communicate risks and opportunities
- Month end
- Perform month end close efficiently and effectively
- Perform month end variance analysis for management.
- Candidate will need to influence Operations and Supply Chain and Finance leadership in the areas of business case analysis
- Ad-Hoc – Decision Support work for Operations Team, VP Operations and Finance leadership
Specific Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to take initiative and become a business owner
- Strong Cost Accounting Background (1-2 years) and Experience within a CPG company
- Full Knowledge of ERP skills related to standard cost, inventory transactions and the General Ledger
- Understanding of a full P&L, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cash Flows and their relationship.
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional business partners and influence the outcome of strategic decisions.
- Strong Communication and Analytical Skills including presenting and interpreting financial implications of strategic decisions.
- Strong Excel skills in building working models and business management tools.
- Ability to prepare and present ad-hoc presentations and analyses to senior management.
- Some background in Lean Manufacturing
- Experience with JD Edwards or similar ERP.
Education & Work Experience
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance. MBA is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience with exposure to Operations and or corporate finance