Production Worker Specialist
Corporate Headquarters - San Leandro, CA
Reports to Production Supervisor
Full-time | Non-Exempt
Ghirardelli Chocolate Company is hiring Production Worker Specialists for our San Leandro, CA, manufacturing facility.
The Production Worker Specialist is responsible for the production and manufacturing of quality Ghirardelli food and confection products.
This is a Union position and some positions may be assigned as back up machine operators.
Scope of Responsibilities
PLEASE NOTE: In order to be considered for employment interested candidates MUST submit their resume electronically to https://www.gccweb.ghirardelli.com/jobs
*Please note when applying for this role online:
- Use Internet Explorer only
- Once you click the apply button, you will be redirected to a list of our positions.
- All positions are listed in alphabetical order. Please locate your position and click apply again.
- Lastly skip over the section where it says ‘Select any relevant skills you may have’ (unfortunately this section is not working with our system, and we are working to fix it)
This is an entry level position. The position has many functions, packaging and palletizing 50 lbs. of finished product. In packaging the person seals and palletizes a box or bag that has been automatically filled with 50 lbs. of chocolate chips. A box is taped shut while a bag must be sewn shut. The person is responsible for proper seal, neatly stacked pallet, code dates on the package, pallet tickets and production reports.
May be required to learn to drive a fork truck. All jobs require end of shift clean up.
This job requires heavy stock handling.
Specific Knowledge & Skills
- 1+ years of food or pharmaceutical production or manufacturing experience preferred
- High School Diploma or GED
- Fluent in reading, writing, and comprehending English
- Must be able to pass a 50 lbs sustained lift test, background check, and drug screen
- Must be available for a flexible work schedule - Swing schedule or Grave Shift
- Good Technical aptitude is a plus
- Must be comfortable with computers