Senior Financial Analyst
Corporate Headquarters - San Leandro, CA
Finance Manager - Finance Sales
Full-time | Exempt
NOTE: In order to be considered for employment interested candidates MUST submit their resume electronically to https://www.gccweb.ghirardelli.com/jobs
*Please note when applying for this role online:
- Use Internet Explorer only
- Once you click the apply button, you will be redirected to a list of our positions.
- All positions are listed in alphabetical order. Please locate your position and click apply again.
- Lastly skip over the section where it says ‘Select any relevant skills you may have’ (unfortunately this section is not working with our system, and we are working to fix it)
The Senior Financial Analyst – Sales Finance is a strategic business partner to the sales teams, with responsibility for balanced financial support and oversight. This role requires fundamental ownership of the books for trade spending, with the ability to provide relevant visibility and strategic financial insight. The Senior Financial Analyst role is innovative and able to develop new processes, and manage change while being a respected business partner. As a financial leader, it is critical in this role to identify global trends to help Sales better invest and execute against existing strategies and objectives.
Scope of Responsibilities
Sales Finance Function:
- Support the Finance Manager of Sales Finance and develop a strong financial partnership with the Sales organization.
- Facilitate a customer budgeting process for top accounts to include volume and trade spending.
- Deliver daily sales reporting.
- Support the sales team as a super user of the trade promotion management system. Ensure the timely settlement of trade promotion event expenses and the release of event plans.
- Deliver insightful reporting and analysis to ensure accurate customer forecasting of both volume and trade spend.
- Provide clear visibility to actual trade promotion funding verse spending by customer.
- Influence internal and external broker resources to ensure timely deduction resolution in line with established goals. (This also includes the oversight of complete and accurate full year event planning in our Trade Promotion Management system with the timely reconciliation of trade spending events to capture actual spending.)
- Perform top customer ROI analysis highlighting opportunities to optimize tactics, depth and frequency of events, and the effectiveness of event planning and execution.
- Support a monthly financial review with each sales team to help them with decision support on trade spending opportunities.
- Provide Ad-Hoc decision support work for Sales Team, VP Sales, and Manager of Sales Finance.
- Be a business partner to the trade accounting team to monitor and assist with the timely clearing of deductions and the proper accrual of trade liabilities.
Specific Knowledge & Skills
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong ability to work in a rigorous environment where priorities can change quickly
- Willingness and flexibility to vary hours and efforts according to deadlines
- Advanced Excel skills with experience in financial modeling
- Minimum of at least 3 years of job related experience
Education & Work Experience
- MBA with a concentration in Business, Accounting, Finance, or Economics preferred
- Experience in the CPG industry
- Familiarity with Cognos, Synectics, JDE is a plus