Restaurant & Retail General Manager, Orl
Restaurant & Retail
Eastern Region Manager
Full-time | Exempt
NOTE: In order to be considered for employment interested candidates must submit their resume electronically to https://www.gccweb.ghirardelli.com/jobs
*Please note when applying for this role online:
- Use Internet Explorer only
- Once you click the apply button, you will be redirected to a list of our positions.
- All positions are listed in alphabetical order. Please locate your position and click apply again.
- Lastly skip over the section where it says ‘Select any relevant skills you may have’ (unfortunately this section is not working with our system, and we are working to fix it)
The ideal General Manager candidate will have the experience and ability to uphold the integrity and promote the brand image of Ghirardelli through, efficient management of store operations, effective management of personnel and providing superior guest services. This position will work closely with shop personnel, Regional Manager and appropriate Corporate Personnel to achieve optimum performance and brand recognition.
There is no sponsorship available for this position.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Develop through the proper usage of Leadership Techniques shop Assistant Manager and Supervisors.
- Ensure the well-being of Shop Personnel through effective management of safety issues and protocols.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the organization by following company standards of team building and recognition.
Restaurant & Retail Operations
- Establish and effectively control Daily Store Activities/Priorities.
- Uphold the values of Exemplary Customer Service through the modeling of behavior and establishing appropriate guidelines.
- Maintain high standards of Cleanliness and Food/Product Safety.
- Monitor the integrity of the inventory control systems by working with Vendors, Merchandising, Sales and Accounting.
- Proper usage of the MICROS systems in all its functionalities including Payroll, Inventory Management, COGS and Customer Service.
- Monitor sales and labor issues on a daily basis with a goal to maximize profitability without sacrificing customer service.
- Work in conjunction with Regional Managers, General Manager and Accounting Department to maintain the established P&L for the store.
- Work with Regional Managers and General Manager to establish store plans that are attainable and growth oriented.
- Perform Inventories of goods by following time tables established by corporation
- Maintain Inventory levels at optimum efficiency through order placement via vendors and appropriate corporate personnel.
- Respond in a timely manner to all avenues of Customer/Guest Services.
- Monitor the performance levels of the shop through statistical analysis of all appropriate reports.
Selection and Interviewing
- Perform basic Human Resources functions of payroll, scheduling, selection, interviewing and hiring under the auspices of the Human Resources Department.
- Develop shop personnel through the Performance Improvement Process and the pay for Performance Guidelines.
Specific Knowledge & Skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Team building skills of empathy, building of self-esteem, motivational techniques and empowerment.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Computer literacy preferable in MICROS, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Office Manager.
- Analytical ability for statistics and forecasting.
- Knowledge of POS systems.
- Knowledge/experience with HotJobs scheduling system, or similar, preferred
- Working Knowledge of P&L's
- Knowledge of inventory procedures and ordering
Education & Work Experience
- Prior Restaurant Management experience is required.
- Some Retail experience is preferred
- A minimum of 4 years at a General Manager level for a casual serve dining or higher establishment is required.
- A minimum of a High School graduate education is required.
- Applicant must have the right to work in the U.S.
- Ability to travel to various locations across the country
- Spends 30% of time on administrative functions using basic office equipment
- Spends 70% of time on salesfloor