Restaurant/Retail General Manager - Ghirardelli Square
Restaurant & Retail
San Francisco, CA
Area Manager, Ghirardelli Square
Full-time | Exempt
PLEASE NOTE: To be considered a candidate interested Parties MUST apply online at https://www.gccweb.ghirardelli.com/jobs
*Please note when applying for this role online:
- Use Internet Explorer only
- Once you click the apply button, you will be redirected to a list of our positions.
- All positions are listed in alphabetical order. Please locate your position and click apply again.
- Lastly skip over the section where it says ‘Select any relevant skills you may have’ (unfortunately this section is not working with our system, and we are working to fix it)
The historic Ghirardelli Chocolate Shop & Soda Fountain in Ghirardelli Square is seeking a dynamic, talented General Manager with a broad knowledge of hospitality, guest service and restaurant & retail management processes.
The general manager will be the person most directly responsible and accountable for all aspects of managing our store and upholding the high standards of the company and its reputation. The general manager will ensure that the store operates in a way that delivers excellent customer service, maximizes financial return, and fosters an environment that makes Ghirardelli a great place to work for our employees.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Ensures the well-being of store and its employees through effective management of safety and risk, including prevention, escalation, and response
- Effectively and timely communicates with all levels of the organization by following company standards of team-building, recognition, and professionalism
- Works closely with store personnel, store and division management teams, and Ghirardelli corporate liaisons, such as human resources, finance, and payroll
Restaurant and Retail Operations
- Establishes and effectively prioritizes daily store activities
- Upholds the values of exemplary customer service by modeling behavior and leadership
- Monitors sales and labor cost issues on a daily basis with a goal to maximize profitability without sacrificing customer service
- Responds in a timely manner to all escalated customer service issues
- Maintains high standards of cleanliness, food/product safety, and branding requirements
- Properly uses MICROS system in all its functionality, including payroll, inventory management, cost of goods sold, gross profit, and customer service
- Works in tandem with regional manager to establish store plans that are attainable and growth-oriented
- Works in conjunction with regional manager and finance department to establish profit and loss for the store
- Maintains inventory levels at optimum efficiency through order placement via vendors and appropriate corporate personnel
- Performs payroll, scheduling, interviewing, selection, in-service training, and separation management in conjunction with the human resources and payroll departments
- Develops store personnel, especially the management team, using coaching, mentoring, and empowerment practices
Specific Knowledge & Skills
- Clear, professional, and effective oral and written communication
- Team-building skills of empathy, rapport-building, delegation, and empowerment
- Ability to manage time effectively and be self-directed under minimal supervision
- Strong proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to conduct evidence-based business forecasting for sales, growth, and resource needs
- Knowledge of point of sale systems, such as MICROS
- Broad knowledge of restaurant or retail management theory and techniques
- Knowledge of Hot Schedules
Education & Work Experience
- High school diploma or GED required
- Associate or higher degree preferred, emphasis on culinary or managerial studies
- Three or more years of related experience in the restaurant or retail field at a General Manager level
- Prior experience at a high-volume, casual dining establishment preferred
Must have flexibility to be available nights, weekends and holidays.
Minimal travel to meetings required.
san-francisco-ca”>Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Chocolate
Shop</a><br>Ghirardelli Square Original
br>900 North Point St.<br>San Francisco, CA 94109</p>