Join us for the 18th Annual Ghirardelli Chocolate Festival!
Ghirardelli Square, San Francisco, CA
September 14th & 15th
Ghirardelli Chocolate Company is excited to invite you to the annual, two-day chocolate celebration that has transformed into a true San Francisco staple. Over 30 vendors generously donate sample-sized portions of their products to help raise money for Project Open Hand.
Come Indulge for a Cause with us!
- On The Hunt for Ghirardelli Chocolate: Engage in an exciting hunt through Ghirardelli Square and create a virtual Ghirardelli Hot Fudge Sundae! Use a QR (Quick Response) scanner on your smart phone travel to four separate locations in Ghirardelli Square. When all the QR's have been scanned, hunters will win a sweet treat and a prize to take home!
- "Earthquake" Ice Cream Eating Contest: A Ghirardelli Chocolate Festival Tradition! Festival attendees compete or just witness the hilarity as six lucky people eat the famous Ghirardelli "Earthquake" Sundae as fast as they can without hands. Battling each other and their own stomachs, competitors are sure to make this experience a memorable (and delicious) one. Children also compete with a smaller version of the famous Earthquake Sundae. There are three competitions on both Saturday and Sunday.
- Chocolate School- "From Cocoa Bean to Chocolate Bar": Come join Ghirardelli's own "Chocolate Professor", Steve Genzoli, as he teaches "Chocolate School" and takes audience members through a tour of the delicious chocolate making process. Learn every step a bean takes to become that mouth watering chocolate bar from Ghirardelli's VP of Research & Development and Quality Assurance.
- Chef Demonstrations: Local culinary professionals work their delicious magic on both Saturday and Sunday at one of two Culinary Stages at the Festival. Be engaged in all things chocolate and learn the inside scoop on many delectable delights. Learning has never tasted so good!
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Festival Silent Auction to benefit Project Open Hand: First developed in 2012, the auction proved to be a success with the Festival guest and raised additional funds for Project Open Hand. In 2013 our goal is to double the quantity of premium offerings from restaurants, hotels, the travel industry and vendors.